This policy covers how the Saint Louis Auto Dealers Association (SLADA) treats personal information that we collect and receive regarding information related to your use of SLADA products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is otherwise not publicly available. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that SLADA does not own or control, nor to people that SLADA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
When you register on our website, we may ask that you provide basic contact information, such as your name, address and e-mail address. In addition, other questions may be asked at some point to help increase the user friendliness of the site as well as to personalize information you receive from SLADA Upon successful registration, you automatically opt-in for SLADA communications as specified on the web form.
SLADA collects personal information when you register with SLADA, when you use SLADA products or services, when you visit SLADA pages and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. SLADA may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
SLADA automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, connection speed, cookie information and that page(s) you request. We may also record the URL you linked from to arrive at our site, your clickstream through and from our site and other generally accepted tracking information. SLADA uses information for general purposes including: to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve our services, to contact you, to conduct research and to provide anonymous reporting for internal purposes.
To assist us in making our e-mails more useful and interesting, and to ensure that we are delivering the services you have ordered, we often receive a confirmation when you receive and/or open e-mail from SLADA.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, add it to our account information and treat it in accordance with this policy. Such sources include:
- Customer and order data from our partners: If you registered directly with a business partner for which we provide fulfillment or other services, your account and order information is passed to us.
- Updated delivery and address information: We may obtain updated contact information from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfill your orders or deliver communications to you.
- Demographic and purchase information: We may reference other sources of demographic and purchase information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
SLADA does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
SLADA may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria. SLADA does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad, you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
SLADA sends e-mail communications to our users in connection with our providing the SLADA services. The following outlines the types of e-mail SLADA sends to our users and the choices you have about the messages to receive:
- Messages required to service your SLADA account: SLADA may send newly registered users a welcome e-mail, as well as messages confirming account changes, inviting you to participate in customer surveys and informing you of important product or service updates related to our core business.
- Marketing messages about SLADA: We may send you marketing messages related to our services you receive.
- Optional marketing messages from SLADA: Registered users may also occasionally receive information or special promotions from SLADA about additional services. You may update your preference with regards to receiving such messaging by opting out in the footer of each e-mail.
- Optional marketing messages from trusted third parties: With your consent, SLADA may share your personal information with trusted third parties so that you may receive information or opportunities from them about relevant products and services they offer. You may update your preference by opting out in the footer of each e-mail.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our services, such as service announcements, administrative messages and a periodic newsletter, that are considered part of your SLADA account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe need to view that information in order to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
No Spyware Policy
SLADA does not contain spyware. Spyware is software that is installed deceptively to gather information about you without your knowledge. This can include centrally recording your personal internet usage, monitoring you keyboard strokes or capturing personal information. If you think that you downloaded and/or installed spyware, we suggest reporting it on the privacy spyware newsgroups available on all Google Groups.
SLADA may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary e-mail address specified in you SLADA account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please use the following contact information:
Saint Louis Auto Dealers Association
13616 Manchester Road
St. Louis, MO 63131